Call Us @ (888) 214-7525

Dwelling Insurance

Dwelling Insurance Home Shield Insurance SolutionsIf you own a home and rent/lease it out then you need dwelling insurance, commonly known in the industry as DP3.  Dwelling insurance is primarily for property owners who do not reside at that property’s location.  The Dwelling Fire policy covers replacement for the structure of the home only.  It does not have a contents provision to cover the belongings of the person living in the unit.  When a total loss occurs, your dwelling insurance coverage will rebuild your home to how it was from the floors to the ceiling.  Our professional insurance experts are here to answer your questions, call us at (888) 214-7525 or start the quote process with our online request form.

Home Shield Helpful Tip…
Home Shield Insurance Solutions can protect property owners by providing renters insurance for the tenant.  Call our office and talk to an insurance expert to find out how to protect yourself.
Dwelling Insurance Home Shield Insurance SolutionsWhy not just get a standard Homeowners Policy?

First, if you are not living there for any significant portion of the year, then a homeowners policy is not the right choice.  Second, if you rent out the unit and don’t have any personal belongings there, then you don’t need the contents coverage of a homeowners policy.  With those two items, you can save a little by buying a dwelling fire insurance policy for your rental property.  Finally, insurance carriers are very specific as to the intended use of a property and want to place your insurance with the right product.  They would not allow a homeowners policy on a rental property.  Be sure you have the right coverage by calling your agent today.

Here are some helpful items for property owners

Considering purchasing dwelling fire insurance?  Ask yourself these questions, do you have a signed lease?  Are you going to require the tenants to obtain their own renters insurance? (We recommend, Yes.)  Is a real estate manager going to maintain your home for you?  If so, what is the contact information for them?  Having these questions answered ahead of time will make obtaining dwelling insurance easier for you.

Dwelling insurance policies are typically a little riskier in that there may be short periods, 60 days or less when a property is vacant.  If a property is to be vacant for longer or undergoing major renovation, please consider a Dwelling Vacant policy, DP1.  This policy is specifically designed for those vacant properties and protect the owner from damage and specific liabilities on site.  Be sure you are adequately covered for the intended use of your property.  Call our knowledgeable insurance agents today to find out more at (888) 214-7525 or fill out our free no-obligation quote request.



Home Shield Insurance Solutions is a personal lines insurance agency specializing in homeowners insurance, auto insurance and seasonal dwelling insurance.  Home Shield serves the western states of California, Nevada, Arizona, and Colorado including the metro areas of Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas.

Our home insurance products are competitive across all types of coverage.  We compare insurance among the top carriers like Mercury, Safeco, Travelers, Foremost and Stillwater.  Our experienced insurance agents can provide a quote within minutes for your property and cars. If you would like to know more about your insurance options, please call our insurance experts at (888) 214-7525 or get a quote started with our online form.